Saturday, 12 November 2011

Waders and S.E.Os

The day started with a great talk about waders from Brian.  It was very interesting and learned quite a few new facts too, after the talk we then walked from the Lighthouse along the causeway and to the turn in the road, stopping along the way. Sightings included Curlew, Sanderling, Purple Sandpiper, Redshank, Lapwing, Golden plover, Oystercatcher and more. If i've missed anything please correct me! I managed to get some pictures of Curlew, Oystercatcher, Lapwing and others but as i have quite a few pictures i will only be putting the first three on as they are some of the better ones i took. Just as we were all about to go separate ways after the walk ended somebody said there was a Sparrowhawk, so looking up it was above but to high to get a good photo. After a little while at home we headed out to try and get the Short-eared owls. As we walked down the track i meet up with Brian again who said there he had just seen one in a field next to the track, as we were stood talking something caught my eye and it was an S.E.O, we moved down and got a good but far view of them, While there a got a few of a Robin to. I was happy to see my first S.E.O even happier to get some distant photos of them aswell.

















3 comments:

  1. Great to have such an enthusiastic guy at the Walk and Talk Sam, and good to meet a fellow blogger.:-) Will get the birds a bit closer for you another time I hope. Despite the distances the photos are good and I'm pleased you got your first SEOs.
    I understand that after we had left the coast a flock of Knot flew in. We'd only seen a couple and don't forget the Ringed Plovers and Dunlin:-) Nice report and thanks for the compliment. Cheers Brian. PS My report will have to wait until tomorrow.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first SE owls, you must be pleased with your bird images from this walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the next time i can get abit closer! Thanks and i was very pleased with my first sighting.

    I was again very happy with the sighting of my first SEOs even from a distance they a brilliant birds, I am pleased although i wish i could have been a little closer to the SEOs but i shouldn't complain since i seen them on my first attempt!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete