Monday, 12 December 2011

Gooseanders galore

Seeing as I wasn't going to get far on Sunday, I took another visit to the Killingworth Lake, The lighting by the time I got there was brilliant I saw no sign of the Goldeneye although I may have missed it as I didn't look in-depth for it. I sat in the company of 3 swans that were stood beside me and I sat and looked out to find 1 Male Gooseander quite far out and lots of Mallard in front of me, I sat for about 10 minutes and within this time about 6 Gooseander, 3 male and 3 female came within very close distance, which is new for me as last year I could barely get a photo never mind getting a half decent one. The colours showed very well in the light espiecally on the 3 males. I also got a few swan pictures while I was there too.











Another robin I took recently

A collared dove I took recently

No comments:

Post a Comment