Tuesday, 3 January 2012

North Yorkshire

I set off yesterday to visit family in North Yorkshire and was hoping to get some pictures on the way too. On the road down I managed to spot Buzzard, Kestrel, Crow, Woodpigeon and a few different types of Gulls and at one point what looked like a large flock of Golden Plover. On arrival I found the garden full of birds including Blue tit, Great tit, Blackbird and Woodpigeon.
 I began taking  photos and was happy with results and how close I was able to get to the birds, I was joined by a small group of Goldfinch sitting at the top of the tree and dropping down onto the feeders and bouncing straight back up to the top of the tree.
On the way home we went on a road between Bedale and Richmond which held with it sightings of Pheasant, Buzzard and Kestrel I'm also 95% certain I saw a Peregrine drop from a telegraph poll and across a field, anyway I think this was good start to the year and hope it keeps up like that.










1 comment:

  1. Nice Photos Sam. Your going to have a good year's birding! :-)

    ReplyDelete